Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Preparing for work work and more work!

This week I am preparing for a jewellery feature at Organic Metal Gallery. I was asked if I wanted to exhibit enameled work as I used to focus on this area of jewellery design. It has been a while since I did lots of enameling but I have been getting back in the groove as I prepare for the show.

In addition to working on both old and new designs for the show I am working on many custom orders right now. Most people do not realize this but summer is the busy season for studio jewellery. There are many exhibitions at this time of year, summer weddings are popular and finally it might just be related to the happy feeling people get when they have lots of time in the sunshine!

That's all for now. Enjoy the sun and support local artisans in your city!

Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment